- Police reported that the bodies were in such a state of decomposition that they were unable to tell if there were any marks of violence.
- Layers of leaves or other organic matter are sometimes added to speed decomposition.
- It has since proved difficult to identify the remains due to their advanced stage of decomposition.
- To speed up decomposition, we sometimes spread the leaves on a rough piece of grass and run the rotary mower over them several times.
- A veterinary surgeon who visited the farm later reported a smell which indicated the advanced decomposition of animal remains.