In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Antihistamine and decongestant combinations are used to treat the nasal congestion (stuffy nose), sneezing, and runny nose caused by colds and hay fever.
- Using a cool mist vaporizer or giving your child an over-the-counter decongestant medicine may help.
- You may be given a decongestant spray or paste to reduce any inflammation in the nose.
- This is present in many cold and decongestant preparations.
- To clear a muggy head, put a couple of drops of thyme, rosemary or pine essential oil on a handkerchief and inhale frequently - all have antiviral and decongestant properties.
- Most patients I see with this problem are taking some sort of western medication i.e. antihistamine, nasal decongestant spray or cortisone based inhalers.
- You can also try using a nasal decongestant spray several hours before the flight.
- Baxter is expected to contend that his positive test was an innocent mistake resulting from the use of a nasal decongestant inhaler which contained levmetamfetamine, a chemical related to methamphetamine.
- If you use a decongestant nasal spray (like Afrin, Neo-Synephrine, or Dristan) for more than three days, watch out for rebound congestion, which makes you even more congested.
- Over the counter antihistamines or antihistamine decongestant mixtures in long acting form work well for many people.
- Non-medicated saline sprays or pure drinking water are more effective than decongestant sprays, which can damage the nasal lining if used regularly.
- For people with significant nasal congestion, a decongestant therapy may be prescribed.
- A decongestant spray may cause more congestion in some people, and over-the-counter sprays may have stimulant side effects.
- If the reason for nasal decongestant addiction was anatomically based - say, a deviated septum - then surgery may be necessary.
- If you can't avoid flying, ask your doctor for a decongestant nasal spray.
- Peppermint also has antiseptic and decongestant qualities that can help relieve the pain of ear inflammation.
- Don't use a decongestant nasal spray for more than two or three days at a time because, after longer use, you may develop severe congestion as soon as you stop.
- In accordance with common practice in the Netherlands, the children also received decongestant nasal drops and could be given acetaminophen to relieve pain and fever.
- Antihistamine, antiallergic and steroid nasal sprays work well, as do decongestant sprays.
- If you see a doctor within four to six hours, treatment will usually be with decongestant medications such as pseudoephedrine or terbutaline.
1descongestionante masculinoanticongestivo masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.