In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino pintorfemenino pintoramasculino empapeladorfemenino empapeladoramasculino decoradorfemenino decoradoramasculino interiorista
- Indeed, one new report says that we will have to import painters and decorators from abroad by 2020 if trends continue.
- The paint experts at Pratt & Lambert frequently field questions from home decorators and interior designers.
- We need jobs for local plumbers and painters and decorators.
- A decorator working alone in a house went out to buy wallpaper and left the front door unlocked.
- New Zealanders involved in some manner with the first home buyer market include painter decorators, plumbers and people trying to sell their homes.
- In the last installment, we took up the question of how a designer or decorator can best present a budget to a new client.
- For this year's program, House Beautiful selected six decorators, who will be featured within the pages of the magazine.
- The verdant countryside of Maine seems to have touched the imagination of many decorators, for green is incorporated into the designs on a significant number of surviving pieces.
- San Simeon is the considered and highly personal creation of Hearst and Morgan, who employed no decorators, and together determined every aspect of the design.
- The ideas date back at least 3,000 years, yet a growing number of architects and decorators are integrating feng shui ideas with contemporary building design.
- Police believe jealousy may have been the motive behind the killing of a building decorator, shot dead by unknown assailants in his home.
- Dave is set to meet with a television company, which he will not name, to discuss his script, based on a group of painters and decorators.
- We have painters and decorators, a mechanic, guys with IT and administration skills, manual workers.
- He will look at why interiors took particular forms, what influenced builders and decorators and how they achieved the effects they wanted.
- I've been feeling exhausted and after spending 3 days in relentless pursuit of just the perfect wallpaper I find myself without a decorator for the kitchen.
- The work is purchased by interior designers, decorators, collectors and galleries nationwide, from California to Florida.
- The images were discovered by decorators stripping paper in the Corner House pub in Burton Stone Lane, Clifton.
- Police are now on the verge of allowing painters, plumbers, decorators and joiners into the house to begin clearing up and repairing fittings damaged during the extensive examination of the house.
- Mary Frances, also a student of Dow, provided artistic guidance as a designer and decorator.
- One of the perks of being an interior decorator in Manhattan: the paycheck.
- We're going to examine another facet of the relationships between interior designers and decorators and the clients who ask us to help them make their homes and offices both functional and beautiful.
- The police had been informed, together with the building contractor and the decorator, who came to view the damage we had caused.
- Let's challenge some interior decorators to revamp one of Kerry's five mansions.
- ‘You should be very careful when choosing colours,’ says decorator Barry Healy.
- It is a particularly generous gesture, because the interior of the Delano is the work of a rival decorator, the celebrated Philippe Starck.
- Volunteers became painters and decorators to mark the re-launch of a community action group.
- Regular maintenance work has been bought forward and the painters and decorators called in at venues the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be visiting.
- The two then moved to Atlanta, and the company shifted into the wholesale business and began ‘specializing in working with decorators and designers for the most part,’ explained Harris.
- Frisby, of Regents Place, works with his father as a self employed painter and decorator.
- Our builder tells us that it is all right to paper the newly plastered walls, but our decorator says that he is a traditionalist and would prefer to wait some time for possible cracking, due to drying after the heating is switched on.
- In 1896 Oscar Spindler, a German decorator and designer, was hired by the firm to create new designs for the molds.
- There was a time when a decorator painted walls in small rooms white as a matter of course, believing that white would make a room appear larger.
- He was a trained painter and decorator with a steady job and a loving family.
- He noted that the permanent workforce at Coalbrookdale included artists, modellers, carvers, pattern-makers, moulders, finishers, painters, gilders and decorators.
- Both Oliver's grandfather and father were painters and decorators.
- The ground floor of the building had to be stripped, including carpets and wallpaper, before industrial cleaners and decorators could move in.
- It's worth finding a decorator whose decor and furnishings will be chic yet neutral, without looking bland.
- The annual event - a hot item on the décor calendar and one that puts leading interior designers and decorators on display - runs from 27 to 30 May.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.