In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deducirdescontarto deduct sth from sth — deducir / descontar algo de algo
- income tax is deducted automatically — el impuesto sobre la renta se deduce automáticamente
- Essentially those companies allow me to authorise them to deduct the amount of my bill every month.
- You can deduct the actual amount of your sales taxes, which means holding on to sales receipts in case of an audit.
- Every pay period Caminus deducts an amount, designated by the employees, from their post-tax paycheck.
- The landlord said he would deduct the amount from the housing deposit.
- Because the deal was that I'd pay for your tickets at this end and then deduct the total sum from the first prize, before sending it on.
- You can deduct the amount of any business loss against your other income.
- It is not a charitable donation, the money the zoo's receiving will be deducted from the final amount it gets for the land.
- Then in turn, after receiving your food at the stalls, they run your card through a ‘smart’ card reader which prints out a receipt and deducts the amount from your initial value, just the same way as a phone card works.
- The salary amount cannot be deducted from or added to because of actual hours worked.
- The position of the wife is that the husband should not be entitled to deduct this amount.
- You simply deduct the amount from your income on your tax return and, added bonus, it's at your highest rate of tax.
- But life insurance and pension payments will be deducted from the amounts awarded.
- An individual donor obtains relief by deducting the amount of the donation from his total income for the tax year in which the gift was made.
- Once set up, the employer will have little obligation other than to deduct the amount of contribution from each employee.
- When they pull a bottle from the cellar, they can deduct the amount from the log to keep inventory accurate.
- The Contractor shall then be entitled to receive only such sum or sums (if any) as the Engineer may certify would have been due to him upon due completion by him after deducting the said amount.
- On return, they return the cost amount of the book deducting the reading charges.
- Any severance already paid to the workers will be deducted from that amount, the judge ruled.
- The amounts deducted each year are quite small so it is a nuisance having to keep reclaiming them from Inland Revenue.
- This overestimation means many taxpayers are able to deduct amounts that are actually private expenses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.