In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It has issued new standards for cooking oil used to cook deep-fry food in an effort to prevent the use of old and contaminated oil.
- The town is also famous for its kripik tempeh, a crispy cracker made by deep-frying thin slices of fresh tempeh in a batter of secret ingredients
- Mom, who usually gets battered and deep-fried prawns when she eats Chinese, said these were the best she's had.
- Fritters are generally eaten immediately after cooking, as, like all deep-fried foods, they taste best hot and fresh.
- This dish is deep-fried crispy rice parcels stuffed with chicken and bamboo shoots and served with sweet chilli sauce.
- When cooking deep-fried food, dry it before you put it in the hot oil.
- It was a delight of crispy, crunchy deep-fried sweet potato, veggies and huge shrimp.
- Melons should not be eaten with heavy foods like cheese, deep-fried foods or the heavier grains.
- They can be deep-fried, and a chef will do that for you at the show cooking corner.
- Draped around foods before they're deep-fried, it keeps them from losing moisture and flavor.
- The meat can also be deep-fried to cook it and remove most of the moisture
- I'll tell you what, one of these days I'm going to cook up some deep-fried steak in the clubhouse.
- The katsudon is a deep-fried and breaded pork cutlet served with a sauce that has a dark, rich flavour somewhat like a tangier steak sauce.
- They must have deep-fried it, and then warmed in up again on a grill, because one side had an extra browning on one side.
- The tiny purple berries are used to make sparkling jams and the blossoms are deep-fried into fritters.
- I especially liked the cod, which tasted fresh despite being deep-fried.
- Eating at fast-food restaurants, deep-frying foods, and adding spreads such as butter and margarine were common among approximately 30-45% of participants.
- There are even a few culinary tips - like how to cook deep-fried pasta.
- Originally, the recipe said to shallow or deep-fry the dumplings.
- For my main course, I had the deep-fried lemon sole, again lightly breaded, and served with a tartare sauce.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.