In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(omission) omisión femenino(failure to appear) incomparecencia femeninoDerecho rebeldía femeninothey accept no responsibility for any act or default — no aceptan responsabilidad por ningún acto u omisión
- Some small insurers may not be able to make good on all their obligations if several defaults surface at once.
- That could lead to more mortgage delinquencies or defaults.
- With collapsing technology shares and disintegrating manufacturing profits in an environment of general corporate over borrowing, there is now the clear specter of large-scale debt defaults.
- Past attempts to understand student loan defaults have essentially drawn from four perspectives: economic, sociological, psychological, and federal.
- The plaintiff undertakes not to enforce the judgment until default or other determination of the proposal.
- The finance company is unable to repay their debenture due to defaults on their loan book, so they are unable to recoup their principal.
- As the economy has improved and defaults have slowed, many decided they didn't need as much in reserve as they did in 2003, and presto, their earnings per share would rise a few cents.
- In 1998 KWP faced major defaults on a succession of sales to Italian buyers.
- Although the default rate for investment grade bonds is extremely low, there is a huge gulf between investment grade and sub-investment grade debt in defaults.
- That subsection does not distinguish between non-appearance and non-compliance defaults.
- Banks in the creditor country may have branches or subsidiaries in the crisis country that lose money due to loan defaults caused by the crisis-induced recession.
- ‘The two biggest risks are default and recovery of loan to a defaulted company’.
- The purpose of credit derivatives is to enable banks to transfer to a broader market the risk of defaults on corporate debt they've issued.
- In the interim, the number of defaults and debt reschedulings increased around the globe notwithstanding the specificity of each case involved.
- Additionally, defaults on loans could result in higher levels of bad debts.
- This could cause defaults on debt repayments and require economic assistance from the international community.
- However, the court did not simply find that the plaintiff's default raised a complete defence.
- He also offered to consent to the discontinuance of the actions against the defendants other than Her Majesty, without costs and without prejudice to his right to rely on their alleged defaults in support of the claims against the Crown.
- There are one or two ways of fine tuning the format, but the big issue is that defaults need to be avoided.
- Debt defaults are soaring and forced asset sales are exacerbating the decline.
(by country, bank)impago masculinosuspensión de pagos femeninothe country is on the verge of default — el país está al borde del impago / de la suspensión de pagos
- she is in default on her mortgage — está en mora en los pagos de la hipoteca
- before noun default interest — interés de mora
3(lack)falta femeninobefore noun default option — opción por defecto femenino
1Finanzassuspender pagoscesar (los) pagosto default on a loan — suspender pagos /cesar (en) los pagos de un préstamo
- The customer had defaulted on the loan and, although the judge made no specific finding to this effect, the appellant had lost about £30,000.
- During the period of the delay the value of the property upon which the loan was secured fell and was therefore insufficient to cover the plaintiffs loss when X defaulted on the loan.
- Through two lending cycles, only two groups defaulted on loans.
- First, they defaulted me, then they defaulted him.
- But they would've been shocked, shocked if we'd defaulted on our loans.
- A few days later, First National Bank seized R1 million from her after she defaulted on a loan for a diamond export business.
- Poor away form is the reason why the University are not challenging for the title and this was illustrated when they defaulted the game at Shepherds meaning Shepherds were awarded the game 6-0.
- Last year, it defaulted on many short-term loans.
- In the York Evening League, Shepherds I's recent good run continued when they defeated Cavaliers ‘B’ by four points to two despite defaulting the bottom board at the last minute to a player falling ill.
- The mortgage company made loans based on the inflated incomes and many of the taxpayers defaulted on the loans.
- It has relaxed its longstanding proscriptions against budget deficits; it also has abandoned its taboo against lending to countries that have defaulted on external obligations.
- The 17-year-old might even have gone further in the singles, but was defaulted for turning up late to his semi-final.
- The situation worsened to such an extent that several boat owners lost their assets, as they defaulted on repayment of loans.
- Indeed, the course was completed in July 2000, but the original developers defaulted on loans and lenders foreclosed before the gates ever opened.
- You apply for a financial service, believe you have a good credit history and are told you have been declined because you have defaulted on a loan you know nothing about
- Data were collected regarding certain characteristics of borrowers who defaulted on student loans from 1993 through 1995.
- He brings word from Venice that Antonio has defaulted on his loan to Shylock, and needs Bassanio's help.
- They took a mortgage loan and defaulted on the loan.
- It alleged the company had defaulted on a bank loan and told manufacturing workers to take holiday leave, which prompted denials from firm bosses.
- York ‘B’ were given a boost at the start of their match with Leeds when Leeds defaulted the bottom two boards.
- So in order to get some money to start this business we went to the bank to borrow a few dollars, unfortunately we got turned down and a friend of mine at the bank told me I was blacklisted as a bad creditor since I had defaulted on a loan.
- Overall, in the six years following the creation of the first rural rehabilitation agencies, the number of farmers who defaulted on federal loans amounted to only 2.6 percent of borrowers.
- In other matches University made it two wins in a row with a 4-2 win over Whippersnappers, although University slipped back to their bad habits and defaulted the bottom two boards.
- It had defaulted on loans totaling $1.2 million from the U.S. Department of Education used in part for two new dormitories in the 1960s.
- The train was running 50 minutes late, and so Illingworth came loping into club, just on the verge of being defaulted, and went directly on court with Walker, who had been warming up for a good fifty minutes.
- He did say, however, that in his view, Valleywood was profitable and that neither the companies nor Katana had ever defaulted on loans.
- Two airlines have now defaulted on their pension obligations - US Airways, in February of this year, and now United - and many others may follow suit.
- After I made my payments, I was defaulted again and just last week I asked to how to file a complaint and the person hung up on me!
- He raged at the umpire and then stormed off, defaulting the match, after announcing: ‘You are the most corrupt official.
- Salient was victorious in the annual Salient-VUWSA indoor soccer match last week, after the VUWSA team defaulted the match.
- He won the junior US Open champion, was a runner-up in the boys' event at Roland Garros and made the semi-finals of junior Wimbledon in 1999 only to be defaulted for not turning up.
2Derechoestar en rebeldía
3Deporteno presentarseno comparecer formal
4Informáticato default to sth — ir por defecto a algo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.