In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.
- This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.
- The question of whether incorrect paddle position is a cause of unsuccessful defibrillation of patients in ventricular fibrillation remains unanswered.
- Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.
- Traditionally, emergency medical personnel were the only ones who could administer defibrillation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.