In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enfermedad carencial femenino
- Rickets is a deficiency disease that affects the young during the period of skeletal growth and is characterized by soft and deformed bones.
- Nutrition support claims can describe a link between a nutrient and the deficiency disease that can result if the nutrient is lacking in the diet.
- The severe thiamin deficiency disease known as Beriberi, is the result of a diet that is carbohydrate rich and thiamin deficient.
- People with cystic fibrosis or HIV and other immune deficiency diseases are more likely to develop sinusitis.
- The reason for the higher incidence of the deficiency disease was felling of forests by the villagers.
- The amounts required are so small that magnesium deficiency diseases are rare.
- Vitamin C is metabolized very slowly by the body, and deficiency diseases do not usually manifest themselves for several months.
- Proof that a nutrient is essential usually involves the development of a deficiency disease when the nutrient is withheld from the body.
- These levels are reflected in the frequent Vet Record reports of selenium deficiency disease in farm animals.
- This will also help them find out whether defects in zinc transport genes indicate an inherited zinc deficiency disease, where there is a defect in the transport of zinc into human milk.
- However, people who have asthma or other airway diseases, and immune deficiency diseases or immunosuppression should not use the nasal mist.
- This is an extremely low level, and it represents only the amount needed to prevent health problems such as scurvy, a vitamin deficiency disease.
- Rickets is a vitamin D deficiency disease of the children.
- So it's a little bit different to the sort of classic nutritional deficiency diseases, like scurvy, it seems to be slightly more complicated than that.
- Levels may be low during rapid plant growth (hence the ‘staggers’, a magnesium deficiency disease suffered by farm animals fed on new grass).
- Overt vitamin deficiency diseases, such as pellagra or scurvy, are uncommon in persons who consume a typical North American diet.
- A few years, ago, an American Medical team in India found thousands of children suffering from Kwashiorkor, a protein deficiency disease.
- The first 50 years of the 20th century saw the discovery of the essential elements and vitamins, particularly in the context of deficiency diseases.
- This was determined to be one of the vitamins that prevented beriberi, a deficiency disease marked by inflammatory or degenerative changes of the nerves, digestive system and heart.
- Without these foods, classical deficiency disease will occur.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.