In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1definiblemurder is definable as … — el asesinato se puede definir / es definible como …
- In 534BC the main Dionysian festival inaugurated a tragedy competition, the earliest record of definable drama.
- The peace process is not about moving towards a definable endpoint, but about making sure that each side's voice is heard and respected at all times.
- We refer to the forces within nature, which are controlled by clearly definable laws, such as, gravity, magnetism and air pressure.
- And as a rule in public health, you do not immunize against something for which there is no definable risk.
- It is not a bunker at a fixed location with a definable defense.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.