1(without doubt)it's definitely true/an improvement — no hay duda de que es cierto/una mejora
- I'd definitely support the party if asked — si me lo pidieran, no dudaría en dar mi apoyo al partido
- he definitely said we should meet here — seguro que dijo que nos encontráramos aquí
- she's definitely smarter than he is — es decididamente más inteligente que él
- is she coming? — definitely — ¿viene? — sí, seguro / segurísimo
2(definitively)(arrange/agree) definitivamentelet's decide definitely on a day — vamos a fijar / decidir un día en forma definitiva
- Ten of his team are definitely travelling but there are doubts about the other two.
- It may be an age thing, but they definitely felt it improved their productivity.
- Celinda was quiet for a moment and Rain knew that there was definitely something wrong.
- Had they not won all the seats they did, with the same voting numbers, he'd definitely be out.
- I've been showing it to customers and some of them definitely identified it as a canary.
- It was definitely something to laugh about afterwards but certainly not at the time.
- The procedure is pretty barbaric and is not to be described here more definitely.
- Yes, definitely, we started the game with a good tempo and created a number of chances.
- After all, it was pretty obvious to anyone that something was most definitely up.
- So little is known of the original inhabitants that they cannot be definitely classified.
- There are certainly a lot of good things about the series and definitely some laughs.
- She added that an increased police presence had definitely deterred gangs of youths.
- Johnny could tell by the sound of her voice that something was definitely wrong.
- I made sure that they were definitely gone before stepping out from my hiding place.
- The powerful need to categorize human beings as definitely either male or female may necessitate surgery and hormonal treatment of the unfortunate individual who fits neither.
- I can also play at left back or in midfield but right back is definitely my preferred position.
- Externally, the new genus Trigonostrophia differs from Rectotrophia principally in its more definitely triangular outline.
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Mrs Patell says she definitely needs treatment, but she is not sure what to choose.
- This revelation is most definitely not spin, leaked as part of a Machiavellian plot.
- The flow of the stream is not sufficiently strong to wear out a channel having definitely well-marked sides.
- In consequence, I expect you both tomorrow, in order to settle that matter definitely.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- The judge ruled that, once a citizen has been definitely classified as an enemy combatant, he or she can be held without charges and without legal representation.
- There will be definitely be some kind of retaliation but I'm not sure what it will be yet.
- Yes, my use of the name Dave is definitely something to do with me wanting to be an ordinary bloke.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- Some of us had instructions to wake up our parents and some of us had instructions definitely not to wake them.
3(firmly)(say/speak) terminantemente(say/speak) categóricamente(act) con firmeza