In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When the hood is down, a wind deflector helps keep driver and passenger out of the wind.
- The deflectors protect the deck from the blast of the F - 35 joint strike fighter aircraft engines operating at maximum thrust for take-off.
- The power shower-approved products feature a patented system of magnets along their full-length hinges, and are fitted with integrated deflectors and a barrier bar at the base to prevent water from escaping.
- A deflector attachable to the electronic components card for directing cooling air over the card is provided.
- There will be tinkering with the spoiler angles, heights and widths, and the roof deflectors will be removed.
- The two-piece deflector plate must be attached using a minimum of four 5/16-inch Grade 8 bolts.
- Longer and angled deflector blades may improve spreading of chopper attachments.
- During the yard period, this ship is scheduled to install mounted orifices with the jet blast deflectors.
- The control signal storage section connects the plurality of deflectors in series when conducting the scan test.
- There is a wind deflector available, though its use restricts the car to a two-seater.
- Based on a module designed for the Fiat Stillo, the panoramic sunroof folds back in three separate panels with the first panel lifting up as a wind deflector.
- If your baseboard heaters have movable deflectors or vents, open them in the winter and close them in the summer.
- The clear perspex side panels and bigger wind deflectors are optional.
- There were more baffles, ducts, and brackets with metal deflectors to cool that engine than you could imagine.
- New jet blast deflectors with a one-panel design will also improve safety on the flight deck.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.