1(extinct)(theory/idea) caduco(party/institution) desaparecido(institution/party) extinto(institution/party) fenecido formalthe party is not yet defunct — el partido tiene aún vida
- a defunct law — una ley que ha caído en desuso
- It was created to be worn by the chairman of the now defunct Cleveland County Council, which was abolished in 1996.
- A copy of the Manchester Courier, which is now defunct, was also found.
- Just walk around the defunct City Arts Centre and see what looms ahead.
- The following humorous extract, written by Leo, was in a story published in a long defunct magazine.
- The waste from a defunct reactor is full of plutonium, a highly toxic metal used as the explosive in atomic bombs.
- The first phase of a £1 million project to transform a defunct railway track into a leisure trail is under way.
- The last address I could find for you was in the Detroit area, but it's now defunct.
- The forum, which started in 1993 and is now defunct, was funded by local authorities around the country.
- The revelation that a number of shops are welcoming back the officially defunct currency illustrates the mood.
- On Tuesday, I am going to Radio Rhema at the now defunct train station and am initiating the beginning of the end.
- Music was for kids, and all the old geniuses that I had revered had either become defunct, died or fallen into senescence.
- The Mercury music prize has been running for so long that the corporate sponsor whose name it bears is now defunct.
- His father worked for 29 years for the now defunct men's clothing chain.
- The orders they receive, however, are for food via a dumbwaiter sent from the defunct restaurant above.
- It was accused of being culturally irrelevant, economically unviable and technologically defunct.
- Though the treaty is all but defunct, its goals remain laudable.
- He assured journalists this did not mean the present system was defunct.
- When I do it the first five or so results are always the same defunct personal websites for which I have long forgotten the passwords.
- When it burnt down three years ago Bill built himself a new hut from palettes and reclaimed materials from a defunct taxi business.
- Though defunct since 1997, many companies continued issuing them for some years later to be on the safe side.