In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘We do our best by dehumidifying the fumigating to keep the manuscript safe from insects.’ says a librarian.’
- Control of moisture and nutrient matter inside the home includes dehumidifying and circulating indoor air to eliminate conditions conducive to microbial growth.
- The freezers warm up and dehumidify the air inside the appliance daily or when their ‘intelligent’ system detects the unit needs it, raising the temperature just enough to stop ice forming.
- Once the gas is extracted, it is scrubbed to remove acids and dehumidified.
- Cleaning surfaces with a bleach solution and dehumidifying the air can help, but if you have mold inside your walls or any serious buildup, you'll want to have it dealt with by a professional.
- Cooling is provided using ground water that pre-cools and dehumidifies the incoming air, and then runs through high-level cooling convectors in the offices for additional effect.
- Room units for heating, cooling, humidifying, or dehumidifying are not acceptable.
- The submarine is now on display in a special gallery which is served by a powerful dehumidifying system.
- A small unit running for an extended period operates more efficiently and is more effective at dehumidifying than a large unit that cycles on and off too frequently.
- Computers generate heat, dehumidifying the air, and you blink less when you concentrate on work.
- The size of the fan, along with the power of the fan motor, determines how large a room your unit can dehumidify.
- Balls then move to the ‘drying room,’ an air-conditioned, dehumidified area where they dry out from the effects of the dampening room.
- Keep the unit clear of windows and doors where dehumidified air will leak out.
- Each night the boats are dehumidified in their sheds to dry out water absorbed by the hulls.
- A centralized air system filters air and humidifies or dehumidifies it, depending on the season.
- It can dehumidify down to 42-degrees, and some models hold a whopping 65 pints of water.
- Shut all doors and windows to the area to be dehumidified.
- Air-to-air exchangers will dehumidify and provide a constant 0.75 air change per hour, compared with the average four to five air changes per hour that leak into the average wood frame home.
- When connected to a sideline compressor, the undergarment device blows dehumidified air on the players.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.