In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(god)deidad femeninothe Deity — Dios
- It may also lead to the assimilation of folk deities with Vedic religion.
- It's all about repackaging, including modern pantheon of deities or hero figures, constructing a metanarrative.
- So, here's my question: If you don't have to believe in a deity to be a religion, what, if anything, do you have to believe in?
- Pioneers to this region must have been astounded to find massive tree falls that had literally been turned to stone, as if it were an eccentric display of some fabled deity.
- A shrine can be anything from a room, a small altar or simply pictures or statues of the deity.
- Often a Deity will find you, and that's when things start to get interesting.
- He marries the infamous Jezebel, and built a Temple to the Canaanite deity Baal, popularizing this form of idolatry among the Jewish people.
- The Deity of the Forest wouldn't destroy the Great Spirit, would she?
- I know I will never convince anyone who does not believe in a Deity.
- Saturn as a god has links to the earth quite separate from his astrological links, and is a major figure in early Roman religion as a farming deity.
- The chosen deity in the Tantras may be a form the Goddess Mother.
- The Deity has emeralds embedded in its eyes and diamonds on its forehead and navel.
- The ancient religion of Hawaii incorporates hundreds of deities as well as magical and animist beliefs.
- It is directed to a pantheon of deities, gods and goddesses, each of whom are housed in their own shrine.
- These temples would have housed the cult statue of the deity, for example the head of Minerva found at Bath, and were not used for congregational worship.
- There would be monotheistic Jews as well as former worshipers of pagan deities.
- The Celtic religion features many female deities such as a mother goddesses and war goddesses.
- They adopted a synergetic approach, assimilating native deities with gods or goddesses from their own pantheon.
- Frankincense, which was burned in the shrines of numerous deities, represented divinity.
- But the Aug. 23 communique contains references to him and his role as college football deity.
2humorístico(leading figure)dios masculino humorísticodiosa femenino humorístico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.