In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(delicious)(food/meal/taste) delicioso(food/meal/taste) exquisito
- The fillet or rump steaks are delectable and reasonably sized, served with an array of mouth-watering sauces.
- There are delectable dishes of poultry, seafood, and lamb on the menu, which is extensive enough to satisfy the gourmet in you.
- How jealous he felt as she looked at Jake, as if he was some delectable cream pudding she would like to eat.
- This is a stylish cosy bar with delectable drinks and soul-filled sounds.
- Also excellent are the marinated lamb skewers, served with delectable peanut sauce.
- Whether it's plucking delectable mushrooms from the ground or pulling fruit straight off the trees, gathering wild food is incredibly satisfying.
- Since I'm almost done all my baking, I can share with you the most delicious and delectable cookie recipes that I have made this year.
- Licking the last of the delectable onion sauce off his fork, he carefully pushed his cutlery together and sat back in his chair, satiated.
- Many of our growing years have been spent tasting the delectable food prepared by parents and grandparents.
- Are you willing to admit how many times you have bought those handmade, delectable fruits dipped in chocolate right before your very eyes?
- With a little effort, you can whisk the most delectable puddings from custards, fruits, cream, sugar and nuts.
- The delectable food during the festival remains acts as a magnet.
- Master chefs have their hands full preparing a variety of delectable dishes with zany flavours and tangy taste.
- Follow the islanders to find the most delectable food in the area.
- Juicy mangoes are one of our most delectable delights.
- It takes a pretty good cook to turn meat, fish, vegetables and other ingredients into a delectable dish.
- In reality, it's not a sacrifice - there are far too many delectable foods on the healthy foods chart.
- She could sense every delicious taste in the delectable dessert.
- Don't let a sugar-laden cookie, bar, pudding, cheesecake or delectable cream puff pass your lips for seven days.
- In the afternoon you turn the ingredients gathered into delectable dishes.
- The delicate and delectable paintings on display look strikingly different.
- All in all, everything was delectable, delightful, and pleasing.
- Nanny is attractive, bright, 25 with a delectable smile and good manners.
- Endearing, charming, sweet, delightful, cute, and delectable constitute most of the list.
- The huge bookshop was delectable - an irresistible lure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.