In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's easy to forget that the Senate is considered by some to be a deliberative body.
- Do we have jurors kind of freelancing, making their own decisions, not willing to be a part of the deliberative process anymore?
- And therefore, it wasn't considered and wasn't part of the deliberative process.
- As such, they're going to be a lot safer, a lot more deliberative, and a lot more intelligent about basic decisions.
- They take a very sober, thoughtful, deliberative look at a situation.
- But at no point does anyone engage in any real deliberative legal analysis about the actual legality of the orders.
- Brain activity decreased in the dorsolateral prefontal cortex, which is associated with deliberative thought.
- When we respond emotionally to situations, for example, we usually do so without extensive deliberative thought or analysis.
- There's a deliberative process and that decision will be made.
- The Senate describes itself, without apparent irony or hint of self-awareness, as the world's greatest deliberative body.
- This discussion has been about the structure of deliberative commitments.
- The exception that proves the rule is the deliberative assembly.
- It is also deliberative, interactive and empowering.
- This third way of using primary sources engages students in deliberative discussions beginning with a seminal document.
- Do these not include the expressive and deliberative interests people have in formulating their own conceptions of the good life?
- There's something wistfully pinheaded about deliberative democracy - it sounds a lot like law school.
- By that, he included the power to take part in the assembly, the deliberative gathering of all citizens who then voted on proposals in war, peace, and anything else.
- But science is unsuited to such deliberative processes.
- And I think on that issue the caucus has to say, no, we will have a deliberative process and look at options to give us a real reform bill.
- Desires are resilient, in this sense, when they are unresponsive to the agent's own deliberative reflection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.