In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(evening/weather) muy agradable(evening/weather) delicioso(person) encantador(dress) preciosohe's such delightful company — es encantador
- Still, it provided some respite from the delightful aroma of cigarettes.
- "Well, isn't this a delightful surprise, " Ella purred.
- The extras return to the formula and do not have any delightful surprises.
- It's a venue for every occasion and one that offers delightful meals for special calendar dates.
- Even his gloves glowed before him, and he found the sensation quite delightful.
- My cough sounds delightful like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together in a rugby brawl.
- I've eaten all of these recipes, and they are absolutely delightful.
- This is a truly delightful detached home in an excellent location.
- A good cup of hot cocoa sounded delightful at the moment, and Eric licked his lips.
- Anyway, it has also been delightful to be back seeing my loved ones.
- Either way, the idea behind it sounds delightful.
- The thing I have found most delightful is having friends all over the world.
- But she parried our questions with a wit that reminds us why we found her mother so delightful.
- Few come to Italy without thinking that it would be delightful to live there.
- What a truly delightful prospect to be given the task of editing the entire Eircom phone directory.
- And then today some delightful woman decided she would join the plebs and go swimming.
- She was a delightful woman and made a enormous contribution to the council.
- The salmon was moist and succulent, the pastry buttery, rich and golden, delightful.
- Here, the delightful aroma of tea will envelope and invigorate you.
- I found it quite delightful, very different and definitely worth seeing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.