In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conflicto de atribuciones masculino
- This has a particular resonance for medicine, the profession that historically has policed these demarcation disputes most effectively to its own advantage.
- There is a demarcation dispute in process, your Honour, which may need to be resolved.
- Departments do not co-operate and demarcation disputes are common.
- Resistance to mechanization and technical change, new work methods and payments systems, and demarcation disputes were the main reasons for this form of industrial action.
- More industrial unions were created at the expense of traditional craft unions, but demarcation disputes and unofficial strikes were frequent.
- The demarcation dispute involving 55 workers was ended when the company and the union signed a 12-month agreement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.