In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(expression)muestra femeninodemostración femenino
- No matter that their little demonstration of affection had defrauded a couple out of their home, disappointed two rival suitors and left members of their family in debt.
- There were no street parties or gala concerts, no spontaneous demonstrations of love and affection.
- That would be a visible demonstration of your affection.
- Touching as a demonstration of affection is not taboo and does not carry a sexual connotation.
- Nurturing Cancerians know how nourishing a simple demonstration of affection can be, so be sure to give someone a big drink of love sometime this week.
- Ideally, that's what a gift is all about - a demonstration of affection that shows you are aware of a person's desires.
- Caregivers may use food as a demonstration of affection or as a reward.
1.2(display)demostración femenino(lecture) (before noun) de prácticas(model) de demostración
- Stephenson's Rocket in 1814 was the first demonstration of a practical locomotive.
- The daily schedule of events includes storytelling, dance performances, and demonstrations of native crafts from throughout the state.
- Hyndman was running the family bookstore when Holst - who used to perform in-store cooking demonstrations in the days his dad owned the business - stopped in for a chat.
- Most of the club manufacturers offering demonstrations can prove how good their products are on huge screens which shows the flight and distance of a ball.
- We're not entirely convinced that this demonstration proves much beyond how taking the wheels off a car will seriously impact its - 60 time, but the pictures were very colourful.
- The museum was actively involved in organizing flight demonstrations for school groups and was used for private and corporate parties.
- Demonstrations and exhibits ranged from electric fencing and sheep showers, to practical shearing and maintenance, and lamb cuts and cookery demonstrations.
- In acrobatic demonstrations, it provides military pilot training in a true jet environment.
- On a visit to Los Angeles, he saw a demonstration of powered flight and was captivated.
- As well as music and dancing, there was also an arts and crafts marquee offering a mixture of displays and practical demonstrations.
- An American living in Egypt who was teaching out in the provinces in a major city told me about recently witnessing a student demonstration that included a skit.
- For the audience, this aerial demonstration proves nothing short of spectacular.
- The master instructor, Koka Fukushima, gave various demonstrations of this ancient craft that has been perfected through centuries by following set rules.
- The Seans Eile Open Day was a great success and included demonstrations of cooking and craft displays and fine examples of decoupage made by the trainees.
- Then we watched a video that had been taken on a flight demonstration.
- Such a demonstration proves beyond question the feasibility of a room-sized camera, producing images of the required dimensions, and using modest optical technology.
- The event will be staged in the beautiful surroundings of Riverstown, containing several hundred exhibits, craft demonstrations and live performances.
- There will be a host of activities including a market in the town centre and demonstrations of ancient crafts.
- And while disaster authorities must plan for plane crashes, most of us quite safely read our newspapers through the pre flight safety demonstration.
- Several suggestions were made for next years event including indoor attractions such as demonstrations in cookery, crafts and floral arrangement.
2Políticamanifestación femeninoto go on a demonstration — asistir a una manifestación
- The women were there to lobby for women's suffrage, a demonstration that was rewarded by the passage a few years later of a constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote.
- In the past years, countless political rallies have taken place in the grounds of this memorial hall, while many demonstrations and protest marches have begun there as well.
- As well as organising two large demonstrations and huge public meetings, supporters moved quickly to set up a supporters' trust.
- The regulations outlawed strikes and industrial action, as well as public meetings and demonstrations.
- At the same time the election was accompanied by continuous strikes, small and large, protest marches and student demonstrations.
- In the run-up to the conference, a range of varied groups had issued calls for demonstrations and meetings.
- After my afternoon class on Monday I walked out in front of the Chapel to observe the scheduled demonstration that was taking place.
- Moreover, the Act's wording is so sweeping that it can also be used to suppress any form of public political dissent, including demonstrations, pickets and protests.
- A demonstration that had been slated for Monday evening was designed to allow teens to voice their opposition to the bylaw, said Leo Lefebvre, 33.
- A bunch of us organized a demonstration that turned out 300 people, and we did it in two weeks.
- Some called it civil disobedience, others protest marches or demonstrations.
- An important form of political protest, demonstrations often disrupt urban streets and highways.
- The government and the police have been given extraordinary powers to suppress demonstrations, public meetings and press freedom.
- The public began to challenge political leaders in demonstrations and marches.
- The strikers held a demonstration and a public meeting.
- Nearly 50 protesters staged a demonstration before the meeting and handed over letters complaining that the phone company was ignoring their views.
- But the idea was aborted after protesters organised public meetings, demonstrations and petitions.
- More than 250 parents and pupils held a protest demonstration outside a meeting at which Rochdale education chiefs discussed the proposals.
- The notice requirement would not apply to local protest marches and similar demonstrations.
- Committees have been established, which have organised their own demonstrations and public meetings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.