In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While the greenhouse denialists reject such scenarios outright, more hard-headed ruling-class planners take them more seriously.
- It is probably true that The Day After Tomorrow's special effects-driven excesses have given the greenhouse denialists a propaganda free kick.
- They are the problem, and they need to acknowledge that fact and start cleaning up their own mess rather than spouting denialist rhetoric.
- Since the denialists are denying, drastic measures are required.
- The denialist side was actively subverting the peer review process.
- He came under the influence of a group of maverick scientists known as Aids denialists.
- The HIV denialists do not all belong in one category.
- But denialists have never been interested in understanding the science, after all, if they understood it, they could not be in denial anymore.
- Those who did speak up were "bludgeoned quite strongly" and labelled denialists.
- Until recently, AIDS researchers and activists in the United States tended to regard the denialists with derision, assuming they would fade away.
- He hints darkly that, though some 'denialists' are 'not evil', others 'cross the line between what could arguably be protected free speech'.
- And just, by the by, you are about the third or fourth left-winger I have seen on the net saying that the dissidents "are more properly termed denialists".
- So far the pattern is for the emails to look a lot less suspicious once they're put into context, and for the denialists to oversell what they've found.
- We need to recognise that the denialist movement is a true grass-roots phenomenon, though this does not make it any less reactionary.
- To the skeptics' discomfort, their arguments are frequently quoted by the denialists.
- The denialist position within the government has put the fear of God into the medical establishment, who will do nothing to counter it.
- But many in the medical establishment say the sacking of her deputy is evidence that he remains an "Aids denialist" who questions the link between HIV and the disease.
- Then there's the well-funded greenhouse denialist think-tanks on the lookout for any evidence, argument or anecdote that might raise public doubts - legitimate or otherwise - about the growing strength of the scientific consensus.
- Thank you for Talbot's excellent series of articles debunking the myths propagated by the AIDS denialists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.