In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The erosion of denominational culture was not, of course, always celebrated.
- Respondents were drawn from Catholic and Protestants denominational backgrounds.
- Does one choose one's cultural and religious orientation over one's denominational heritage?
- Most denominational offices and seminaries have helpful materials and guidance suggestions.
- It must become a studied challenge for theologians, denominational officials, and laity, as well as pastors.
- He changed his denominational affiliation from his parents' Episcopal faith to his wife's Methodism.
- Further, congregations need to take with great seriousness their denominational obedience.
- Any overtly religious aspects or denominational classes will have to be paid for.
- Our denominational and confessional traditions differ in the respective emphases given to each of these.
- On my desk are two denominational worship books from successive generations.
- Moreover, it would be a mistake to imagine that the extensive denominational press was narrowly sectarian.
- Most school boards taught religion but not denominational doctrine, which was, from the bishops' point of view, bad enough.
- His study reveals that American evangelicals, on the other hand, tend to have higher denominational loyalty.
- Does denominational identity translate into greater church involvement?
- Religious leaders are of two minds about the importance of denominational loyalty.
- Although secular instruction was given in common, denominational religious teaching was conducted separately.
- Leaders and teachers in a variety of churches will learn much about the source of denominational differences.
- As I said, the opposition to the elections is a national, not a denominational or sectarian, movement.
- Even when we celebrate the sacraments in our separate denominational settings, we are doing very ecumenical things.
- Two models of denominational affiliation continue to frame most sociological analyses of the schism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.