In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1auxiliar de odontología femeninoenfermero dental masculinoenfermera dental femenino
- The dental nurse held my arm and squeezed it reassuringly while the dentist jammed a needle into my gum.
- The young dental nurses learnt the ‘ins and outs’ of teeth by carving plaster cast moulds of the jaw, studying from the incisors to the molars.
- The service had 20 school clinics, staffed by 22 dentists, three dental therapists, and 25 dental nurses.
- Often dentists will be managing a team of people encompassing dental nurses, hygienists, receptionists and others, so good administrative and managerial abilities are needed.
- Nearly 200 applicants were dentists, hygienists and dental nurses and a further 200 signed the register as doctors or nurses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.