In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cultura de la dependencia femeninocultura del asistencialismo femenino
- Another new analysis, carried out by Glasgow City Council, shows that Glaswegians are trapped in a dependency culture.
- Some social watchers believe it's creating a dependency culture rather than independently-oriented teenagers, where ‘Mummy and Daddy will provide indefinitely’.
- Though they have nothing they contrive, somehow, to keep their self respect, the very antithesis of the dependency culture which has grown up in our own country.
- However an inability to let go of our hopes and desires leads men to seek artificial solutions from the pharmaceutical industry, breeding a dangerous and risk-laden drug dependency culture.
- Far from rolling back the state, privatisation institutionalises the corporate dependency culture.
- Yet the same government also fuelled the dependency culture with its incapacity benefits system.
- We are trying to move them away from the dependency culture and help encourage these people to be self-sufficient.
- These observations are painfully correct, as are the concerns raised about our dependency culture and the class-war scores undertaken by too many of our politicians.
- The extent of the country's dependency culture has been revealed with research showing 70% of working-age people in one of the country's most deprived areas are receiving state benefits for ill health.
- The 1996 federal welfare reform law struck a massive blow against the dependency culture.
- This electoral demography provides an unassailable base for a dependency culture that dominates the political process.
- But, for business, the issue is how the enterprise culture can displace the dependency culture.
- It creates a high dependency culture that tends to undermine local economic growth and threaten local services.
- The subsidy system is mainly based on how much land or how many animals you have and it has created a dependency culture.
- But prevalent opinion had it that the poor law had been a bad thing for England, encouraging the growth of a dependency culture.
- It points up the country's continuing dependency culture which afflicts all social classes, namely that wherever there is a problem we tend to look to government or someone/something else to deliver the solution or change.
- Yet the contrary twin to this dependency culture is a growing desire to become self-reliant.
- Donors are left frustrated by the failure of interventions to achieve desired goals and by the growth in affected regions of a dependency culture that saps economic and cultural strength.
- He further reckoned that the allocation of land with so much financial support from the state was creating a dependency culture and ‘takes away initiative’ in the farming community.
- The important thing was to get the community on board because we don't want to create a dependency culture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.