In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Artschwager has also continued to produce paintings, typically monochromatic depictions of buildings.
- If one went by media depictions, he lamented, one would think his neighbourhood is a crime-ridden slum.
- But uniformity is lacking even between animal depictions within the same painting group.
- There is, of course, more to these depictions of New York streets than a simple realism of setting.
- The prime concern of landscape painting is the depiction of natural scenery.
2(description)descripción femeninoa vivid depiction of life in the early 1900s — una vívida descripción / estampa de la vida a principios de siglo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.