In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(reduction) reducción femenino(reduction) disminución femenino(exhaustion) agotamiento masculino
- The ship's refrigeration and air conditioning plants are designed to achieve no ozone depletion.
- To get back to what I said earlier about the depletion of the national sheep flock, I have one or two more instances to highlight.
- The depletion of mangroves has also affected the fish wealth of the State.
- Some crops such as corn are very heavy feeders so moving it from place to place prevents rapid depletion of the soil.
- Responding to major depletions of marine fish populations and other wildlife killed in the process of fishing, marine conservation groups became a force in national and international environmental policy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.