In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For several years he himself has been voluntarily living in a depraved state.
- No one should be in any doubt about his depraved intentions
- The depraved plot is shot with a schizophrenic camera incorporating elements of peepshows, montage and silent horror films amongst others.
- But deep within this depraved human being is a need for cohesion and clarity.
- And what I draw from it is that this is a man with a depraved heart and a complete disregard for human life.
- Legend tells us that the golden civilisation became so corrupt and depraved that it was destroyed by the angry gods - but did the city ever exist at all?
- But she said: ‘I had gone to celebrate a friend's birthday and all of a sudden was drawn into some depraved sex show.’
- While I escaped his lecherous depraved mauling, other young men were not so lucky.
- Be prepared to be asked to engage in all sorts of depraved activities.
- Such a universally useful item should not be regarded as depraved.
- There are some sick, sick people in this world and I do not want to be part of their quest to find the depraved things they are looking for.
- ‘To plan and execute the violent attack on her sleeping husband was really a most depraved act,’ he said.
- According to this model, conversion is seen as a momentous transformation of life from a depraved past to a sacred present and a promised future.
- I'm just speechless at that level of depraved planning.
- As her reliance on the townspeople grows, they make increasingly depraved demands on the woman.
- Someone who can, in all deliberateness, actually give forth that depraved statement would do well, truly, to reconsider or shut up.
- It isn't the first time he has shown a depraved indifference toward responsibility, and sadly, it may not be the last.
- But somehow or other we have to attempt to understand the origins of this depraved, evil behaviour.
- Inevitably, you must wonder whether barbarism is the natural condition of man let loose, or the depraved state of man when corrupted by violence.
- What if she is not a depraved sadist but an insecure character desperate for approval?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.