In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sonda de profundidad femenino
- When underway, use your depth finder to stay in water deep enough for your boat's draft.
- The depth finder showed 40 ft, and you could see the bottom.
- When you find a likely spot, check the chart for wing dams and other obstructions and head slowly straight in, watching your depth finder.
- Elaborate electronics are not necessary but a depth finder, VHF radio and probably a cell phone are.
- The NOAA guidelines call for the boat's position to be held in one spot for five minutes with depth finder readings taken every 30 seconds, then all 10 readings averaged out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.