In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Hopefully, the development of technology to desalinate water from the Mediterranean, will allow us to give more water back to the river itself.
- Why, in all these years, have we not developed a way to desalinate our sea water, as, for example, they do in Dubai?
- The power plant also produces some 200 million liters of clean water as a result of desalinating sea water, which is used as a coolant.
- Apart from a tiny percentage of the world's population, who drink desalinated seawater, the only water we drink is rainwater.
- Their goal is to sell desalinated ocean water to cities and developers.
- One increasingly popular approach is to use desalinated water to supplement regular drinking water.
- The disadvantage in desalinating seawater is that it is very energy hungry, and we find that the cost is at least double that of producing a very high quality from a municipal wastewater.
- As the worst drought in a decade leaves millions short of water, a handful of officials and scientists are pushing plans to use nuclear power to desalinate seawater for drinking.
- The facility's environmental features include solar powering, desalinating water tank, large windows for natural light, 'no-water' compost toilets and central breezeways to avoid the need for air conditioning.
- Water is a precious commodity on the dry east Mediterranean island, which desalinates more than a fifth of its household needs from the sea.
- They agreed to use nuclear technology to desalinate seawater or the conversion of seawater into fresh water, salt and electricity in Madura.
- And probably we do drink desalinated water all the time in various forms while we don't pay attention to it.
- If more countries could afford to desalinate sea water, for example, the problem would be solved.
- Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
- The proposed project will have a capacity to provide 300 million litres per day of desalinated water.
- They argue that water needs could be met by dredging existing reservoirs, using water from nearby cities, or desalinating ocean water.
- The two leaders agreed to work together in advancing techniques for desalinating seawater to cope with perennial water shortages in Saudi Arabia, the official said.
- One of these patents has revolutionized the way we can better desalinate sea water for human consumption.
- Alternative sources such as reclaimed wastewater and desalinated seawater are options in some locales.
- Sea water may be desalinated if passed through sand, for the particles of sand obstruct the long, rigid particles of salt while letting water particles through.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.