In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1descendiente femeninotheir descendants — sus descendientes
- He had made something of himself despite the fact he had most likely been a descendant of a slave.
- Some of the plaintiffs are direct descendants of those early settlers.
- If they did, it would mark them as descendants of a common ancestor.
- The lineal descendants of a farmer have the first right to purchase a farm.
- Until 1994, the company was owned by the descendants of the founders.
- Their wanderings ceased when they reached the beautiful mountain home where their descendants live today.
- Some of the fossils are proving pivotal in testing the hypothesis that birds are the living descendants of dinosaurs.
- Will our descendants live most of their lives in a virtual reality?
- All three of us here are living descendants of that powerful family.
- How important is ethnicity for the descendants of emigrants?
- As time passes, these species, together with their various descendant species, continue to diverge.
- Eventually, the DNA materials may be able to link the crew members with their living descendants.
- People also expect the deceased to maintain interest in their descendants, as ancestral spirits.
- The people who attend them are first-generation immigrants or more likely their second and third generation descendants.
- The preferred marriage partner should come from the same neighborhood and be a descendant of a common ancestor.
- They disappeared along with the dinosaurs when that period ended, leaving no modern descendants.
- Birds - the feathered descendants of the dinosaurs - fascinate her.
- Most biologists consider it the direct descendant of the ancestor of the domesticated two-humped species.
- My ancestors were priests, but none of the present generation descendants are priests.
- Their descendants have been left in a quandary.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.