In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This would be desecration of the highest order.
- Flowers laid by relatives at the plot were scattered around the memorial during Sunday night's desecration of the graves.
- He also wanted it to be saved from from destruction or desecration in future wars.
- Human productivity and excellence, if achieved by way of human desecration and abuse, can only result in eventual catastrophe.
- This is an act of desecration and vandalism and it is very disappointing from our point of view and upsetting for visitors that this property has been stolen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.