In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1insensibilizarto desensitize sb to sth — insensibilizar a algn a algo
- Achieving good flavor qualities in an ice cream presents specific challenges: low temperature desensitizes or dulls the taste buds, so a potent flavor is required.
- With fewer receptors, the dopamine system is desensitized, and the now-understimulated addict needs more and more of the drug to feel anything at all.
- Applying lidocaine cream to your forehead may relieve migraine pain by desensitizing the nerves that trigger it.
- Once the cause of your allergy has been ascertained and a positive skin test obtained, then a specific vaccine can be created to desensitise you against the allergen that is triggering your symptoms.
- The treatment works by desensitising the immune system so its reaction to a particular substance is reduced over time.
- The CAM practitioner injects extracts of suspected allergens under your skin with the goal of eventually desensitizing you to them.
- Topical application of agents including caries preventive agents, tooth desensitising agents, surface anaesthetic and plaque controlling agents.
- In some cases, an allergist may recommend immunotherapy (allergy shots) to help desensitize your child.
- Capsaicin first activates the pain receptors, causing a mild burning sensation, but upon repeated application to the skin it desensitizes the receptors and relieves the pain.
- If your symptoms are especially difficult to control, your doctor may recommend allergy shots to desensitize you to dust mites.
- Confused by this, I rub along the sides of my mouth, desensitizing my over-active nerves.
- Slapping the injection site accomplishes two things: it mildly desensitizes the area and it reduces the chance of the horse reacting to the prick of the needle.
- Ice cold beverages desensitize the taste-buds and prevent the evaporation of the volatile components that contribute aroma.
- Allergy shots are used to desensitize you to certain allergies.
- The goal is to desensitize you to specific allergens and decrease or eliminate your need for medications.
- The treatment works by desensitizing the animals' immune system to a protein residing within their blood vessels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.