In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agenda de escritorio femeninoagenda de (sobre)mesa femeninoagenda de despacho femenino
- This beautifully produced desk diary features images from Vertigo's distinguished decade of producing cutting edge comics.
- It is intended that, when the broadband service is introduced, a centralised computer booking system will be operational but until that time staff at all libraries will maintain a booking record using a desk diary.
- And here is a magnificent desk diary in black leather with gilt edging.
- I did force myself to part with tax records from 1992 to 1994, though I couldn't resist keeping my desk diaries from those years, if only to make things easier for my biographers.
- You need to set up bring forward systems and to use desk diaries which, if used in conjunction with a filing system, provide a foolproof method for storing information, chasing up work and as an aide-mémoire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.