In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of error)descubrimiento masculinothey minimized the chances of detection — redujeron al mínimo las posibilidades de ser descubiertos
- she hoped that it would escape detection — tenía la esperanza de que pasara desapercibido / inadvertido
- before noun detection work — investigaciones
- Earlier this year the school did not pass parts of the fire risk assessment due to inadequate smoke detection alarms.
- A part of the stool sample was processed for the detection of bacterial pathogens.
- So they try to exploit the detection and learning systems of their predators to make mistakes as unlikely as possible.
- Scientific experts say many lives could have been saved if there had been an early detection of tsunamis.
- The sniffer bees have an expert natural detection system and could be used to find truck bombs and land mines.
- A wireless leak detection and automatic water shutoff system can save you lots of hassle in this case.
- This toxin molecule is so tiny that it often eludes detection by the immune system.
- Prostate cancer presents major challenges for early detection through screening.
- She needed to establish a system that could not be tampered electronically without detection.
- There should be an effective treatment or intervention for patients identified through early detection.
- Other property owners, tenants or landlords have failed to provide any smoke or fire detection systems.
- Future applications for my robot include automated vacuum cleaning and fire and intrusion detection.
- This utility could be of particular value as part of an intrusion detection system.
- This would mean faster and more accurate detection and identification of substances.
- The final cause of the process is that the chameleon should escape detection by its predators.
- In my case, due to early detection, my diabetologist was able to follow a holistic approach.
- It allows more patients to be seen sooner and this rapid assessment can lead to the earlier detection of serious illness.
- As of last week, some 23,000 cattle had been tested, with no detection of the disease.
- Facilities for early detection and intervention woefully fall short of requirements.
- However, the detection and identification of a drug in a blood sample indicates clear current exposure to that drug.
2(of substance, event)detección femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.