In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Allen's characters, both the admirable ones and the detestable ones, are intensely alive, and we know this by their distinctive voices.
- The most vulnerable members of our society fall victim to the repulsive and detestable warlords and gang masters who conceal their depraved activity behind closed doors.
- I felt I was a detestable person and I hated myself and had all the feelings of failure.
- The first is that racial and ethnic preferences are detestable; the second is that minority participation in mainstream institutions is desirable.
- It will have rid the world of a detestable dictatorship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.