In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It records that the lineside across much of the network is ‘currently disfigured not only by general litter and waste but by detritus of specific railway origin’.
- Among the general detritus and debris, half-finished homework, mugs of undrunk tea, schoolbooks, and bits of model aircraft and bizarre gadgets lay in untended heaps.
- We filled 13 large black bin bags with the varied detritus of irresponsible litter-bugs.
- The debris and detritus from the sites that were destroyed have been either tainted or sterilized.
- Now the rubble looked like any other industrial detritus, though the surrounding buildings definitely looked like victims of a bombing.
- Coffee is regularly contaminated with unappetising detritus ranging from floor sweepings and twigs to poisonous, mouldy coffee beans.
- The accumulation of linguistic relics is not just so much cultural detritus.
- It's still subconscious, cultural detritus, sure, but it's rock music first.
- Like Byron, Douglas is well aware that the history of engaged music in whatever form is littered with detritus that was neither good propaganda nor good art.
- The growth of these trees is a metaphor for life emerging from the discarded waste, the detritus, the dumpsters of the city.
- He photographed cultural detritus of all sorts, and, by a perfectly natural transubstantiation, turned all he photographed into antiques.
- Everywhere she turned was destruction, debris and detritus, scattered and heaped around.
- When Esther (de Van) stumbles in the backyard of a party it's not until later that night she realizes some piece of garden detritus gashed a nasty chunk out of her leg.
- There are some glorious examples in the east of trendy, stylish, and well upholstered bars, cafes, shops selling pop cultural detritus and the like in old decaying buildings in the east.
- The corridor opened into a larger room occupied by a number of wheeled dumpsters; the floor was covered with scattered refuse and detritus.
- Perhaps those pupils who carried out the survey should have spent more time on the reasons why there is so much litter and detritus in the area and how it got there, rather than merely observing where was clean and tidy and where was not.
- Do you enjoy ‘theme restaurants,’ especially if the theme is indeterminate and mainly involves a glut of random pop cultural detritus hanging from the walls?
- ‘Hip-Hop Nation’ offers up the ordinary detritus of commercialized popular culture like precious remnants from a lost civilization.
- Goats, oxen and others wandered listlessly amongst the scattered waste and detritus.
- You waste too much time listening to that sonic detritus.
- When the rivers are a turmoil of silt and detritus flushed down the system, light levels are low enough for the zander to feel at home on even quite bright days.
- These tectonothermal events occurred in the source region before accumulation of the siliciclastic detritus.
- The clean up of rubbish and river detritus took place between 12 pm and 2.30 pm.
- Eluvium is the geological term for detritus from weathering rock (soil, dust and rock particles are broken down and redeposited by the wind).
- It is thus unlikely that the bulk of the Carboniferous detritus could have been derived by recycling of preexisting Silurian sandstones.
- In Hertfordshire and East Anglia, gravels that are in a similar setting to the Hanborough Terrace contain up to 50% Mesozoic detritus at some localities.
- The fact that these rocks were not supplying detritus to the sedimentary basin is consistent with the geological observation that they always appear covered by the younger deposits, with little or no discontinuity until the Devonian.
- Indeed, Garzanti & Van Haver also observed that most of post-Eocene sediments were made of detritus from granitoid rocks.
- This may reflect drowning of the source of carbonate and terrigenous clastic detritus, and/or retreat of a sediment dispersal system.
- Hutchison & Oliver contended that this metamorphic detritus was derived from the Grampian Terrane based upon geochemical characterization of associated Barrovian zone garnets.
- The reappearance of feldspar in the detritus probably indicates erosion of a less mature source area.
- The supply of detritus from a continental interior with little incorporation of volcanic material into the basin suggests that Eastern Avalonia remained attached to Gondwana throughout deposition of the Manx Group.
- The zircon data clearly lead to the conclusion that a Proterozoic terrane is the main detritus source because of the preponderance of grains from this age.
- They will be referred to as the high-MgO group, and apparently comprise a large amount of detritus from mafic sources.
- This range of shapes is consistent with the sediment being a mixture of approximately equal amounts of detritus from distal and proximal sources.
- This transition coincides with an upsection increase in megaturbidite beds and increasing abundance of trace amounts of mafic igneous detritus.
- Alluvial basins act as direct sources for turbidite basins when contemporaneous shallow marine shelves are by-passed and detritus is fed along submarine canyons that erode back into alluvial basins or coastal plains.
- Therefore none of the mafic sheets supplied detritus to the sedimentary environment.
- The majority of the Manx Group comprises mature cratonic detritus typical of a passive margin.
- Chang proposed that a triple junction developed in the Songpan-Ganzi Terrane during the Permian and detritus from the Dabie-Sulu belt and adjacent areas filled the new oceanic basin.
2Geologíadetrito masculinodetritus masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.