In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)(with masculine article in the singular) área de desarrollo femenino(asistida por el gobierno) polo de desarrollo masculino
- Amesbury is going to be a big development area over the next ten years or so and, thanks to the Amesbury Property Group, we have now got our west-bound slip road.
- He says the location and scope of the development area as well as the relevant native title holders to deal with have all been identified and regular meetings are being held.
- It's a very sad indictment on a government encouraging us to become a major urban development area in the next ten years but unwilling to fund the infrastructure needed to do it.
- These nine owners were the petitioners in this case; the lead plaintiff, Susette Kelo, owned a small home on the Thames River in the development area.
- The Ealees development area is the first in the Pennines to be set up in a bid to take advantage of Rochdale Canal re-opening and attract more tourists to the area.
- Sooner or later, we will find the ink has dried and a site for a major development area has been found, north of Winchester.
- The project is centred on a core development area of 260 square kilometers incorporating game parks in Botswana, Angola, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- One version of the scheme would involve a hire car company being permanently based at the proposed development area, behind York Railway Station, running a ‘just-in-time’ system.
- Because that area has become a development area, the village leases its land to the people who come here to set up businesses.
- To ease the problems, the premiers agreed to develop cooperation in fisheries, mining and gas development in the overlapping area as a joint development area, the spokesman said.
- Maria is from Tubbercurry and has gained a lot of experience working directly with small businesses in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim and in the business development area of the South Dublin Chamber of Commerce.
- Hampshire County Council leaders have confirmed their backing for the 200-acre Manydown site west of Basingstoke to be earmarked as a major development area.
- Access to the development area is very poor meaning that the bypass will have to serve as an access road.
- Cowi also is studying a 22-km road between Kuwait City and the Subiyah development area.
- We are presenting our first major Bill on this, and I am sure we will be able to schedule York as a development area and attract industry here.
- Australia TradeCoast is the most significant industrial development area in South East Queensland.
- Two internet companies are selling two large fields, claiming they are ‘within the Thames Gateway development area.’
- The course, which is located in a technological economic development area, is open all year round.
- As vice mayor, he presided over the rapid expansion of the city's Pudong development area, much of it funded by foreign money.
- Most of the planned development area is concentrated on the south side of New Park Street and includes the old cattle market and the former Devizes Motor Company site.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.