In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(delegation)delegación femeninotransferencia femenino
- The lack of an overarching threat meant devolution of power away from central authorities.
- Postponing plans for a referendum on regional devolution has condemned Cumbria councils to a period of potentially damaging uncertainty.
- Both are now looking for a Plan B and I suspect that the next crucial battleground will be local government reform and devolution to smaller and more powerful councils.
- If he had, he would have known with an awful clarity that devolution of power to a local level does nothing at all to reduce coercion or gross unfairness.
- Health care, regional development and the devolution of powers to the territorial governments will figure prominently in all those meetings.
- In most instances widespread corruption, relatively centralised health policy making, and poor devolution to local governments lie at the core of the problem.
- But this month's emphatic rejection of limited devolution powers by the people of north-east England appears to have put that plan on hold.
- The process of devolution and restructuring of local government in Ireland that generated the project has been under way for some years.
- Despite the protests and violence, the issue that really has everyone worried is a planned devolution of power by the central government to the regions.
- Even after devolution, local government had little autonomy.
- Strategic health authorities would also be disbanded and foundation hospitals would be redundant as the devolution of power down to the local level would exceed the current powers they enjoy.
- The cutbacks would mark a halt to the massive expansion within the civil service and local authorities since devolution.
- Constitutional amendments have mandated devolution of powers to the third tier of government.
- At Westminster their more thoughtful colleagues have started a debate about choice in public services and devolution of power to head teachers, hospitals and senior police officers.
- Quebec's perennial threat of separation from Canada has only been forestalled by massive devolution of governing powers from Ottawa to Quebec City.
- The devolution of power under the new regional autonomy laws has had an impact on fisheries management.
- Leading the way in Scotland would have been using the powers of devolution to benefit the nation.
- Through the decentralization and devolution of state power to ethnic groups it hopes to dilute ethnicity and fashion a cohesive society.
- The devolution of political power to Scotland, and to a lesser extent to Wales, has changed the political landscape.
- And devolution has transformed British politics.
1.2British Políticatransferencia de competencias del gobierno central a un gobierno regional
- A telling sign of heightened stress within the patrilineal family is the rise of litigation over property devolution.
- Under these broad cultural practices, women became part of systems of inter-generational property devolution.
- That exception covers devolution of property on death or other matters of personal law [as well as] the application of African customary law in any case involving Africans.
- First, there are rules governing the devolution of property by will.
- This produces the following devolution of title to the legal estate and the equitable interest.
- En el Reino Unido, el término devolution implica la transferencia de competencias del gobierno central tanto a las naciones históricas de Escocia y Gales y a la provincia de Irlanda del Norte, como a otras regiones periféricas del estado británico. Después de la victoria Laborista en las urnas en 1997, fueron inaugurados el Parlamento escocés Scottish Parliament y las Asambleas de Irlanda del Norte Northern Ireland Assembly y de Gales Welsh Assembly - National Assembly for Wales (NAfW)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.