In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the chaos of a recent move and exciting reunions with old friends I did very little ritual or devotional work at all.
- Bhakti yoga cultivates a devotional relationship with God through prayers and rituals.
- We need to bring together the devotional and mystical and scriptural pieces.
- Anyway, after reading a section from one of Hine's books about devotional magic I decided to make a shrine for Ganesha.
- When with devotees of other sects, they enthusiastically join in their devotional songs.
- It was meant as a kind of religious devotional image and he had planned to produce ten thousand copies.
- Yet as an atheist and Marxist can we expect that she would understand or appreciate Hindu devotional or yogic practices?
- The material in this book constitutes the best combination of theology and devotional reading that I have come across for a long time.
- I learned so much from so many people but mainly I learned from the very poor who were so deeply devotional.
- I developed a liking for devotional songs of the Goddess from childhood.
- They sing devotional songs in praise of the lord, and holy texts are chanted throughout the night.
- This makes it excellent for those practicing bhakti or a devotional religious path.
- These places of worship were stuffed with devotional images, which were adorned on festival days and adored on others.
- In line with this belief, devotional cults sprang up in which reverence and homage were offered and intercessions sought.
- How the theistic moral life culminates in devotional life will be discussed in this book.
- Daily prayer meetings were held in the ashram with the singing of devotional songs and readings from the Gita.
- Small-scale sacred song - hymns and devotional song for domestic use - also flourished.
- If one wants to ignore this devotional service, there is the danger of turning to atheism.
- He also leads devotional songs and has captured the interest of the young and old alike.
- I get up early and exercise and have devotional time-private time of reading and prayer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.