In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicina(illness) diagnosticarthe doctor diagnosed her as epileptic — el médico le diagnosticó epilepsia
- I was wrongly diagnosed — no acertaron / se equivocaron con el diagnóstico
- To be included, patients had to be diagnosed clinically by the physician as having a lower respiratory tract infection.
- If there is pus on the tonsils then the condition can properly be diagnosed as tonsillitis.
- I was very fortunate to be in the care of the doctor who diagnosed Addison's disease when he came to visit me at home.
- Would this woman have been given such advice if her unborn child was not diagnosed as having the condition?
- The clinical data and histologic diagnoses for each patient are listed in Table 1.
- Other diagnoses included sepsis, liver failure, neurological dysfunction, and recent cardiopulmonary arrest.
- The majority of pulmonary TB cases continue to be diagnosed at an advanced stage.
- Her career was just taking off when she was diagnosed at the age of 35.
- At the same time, children diagnosed with ADHD may have some things in common.
- A cyst can be diagnosed by a breast ultrasound.
- This manual is used by mental health care providers to diagnose psychiatric illnesses.
- Women who are diagnosed at an early stage do much better than women who are diagnosed later.
- In fact, 64 percent of the patients surveyed were initially diagnosed by their primary-care doctor.
- His GP correctly diagnosed the condition during a check up.
- Generally speaking, a team that includes both a speech therapist and surgeon working together best diagnoses these problems.
- The disease is usually diagnosed at an early age and patients have multiple primary sites.
- Toxoplasmosis usually is diagnosed on the basis of antibody detection.
- Doctors usually diagnose the disease after studying the symptoms, and excluding other possible causes.
- That's why it is important that your condition is diagnosed as early as possible.
- In his mid-twenties he had a breakdown, diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic.
- Hence, only one fourth of the patients are diagnosed correctly at the time of surgery.
- A number wondered if they had been harmed by not being diagnosed earlier.
- The surgeon diagnoses the problem by barium enema or a colonoscopy and schedules surgery.
- Paranoia mushroomed into madness for Nash and eventually he was diagnosed as schizophrenic.
- The couple's eight-year-old daughter Chloe was diagnosed with a brain tumour in October.
- For many of the leading illnesses diagnosed by office-based physicians, prescribing patterns must be adjusted to minimize antibiotic resistance.
- Although acute appendicitis is usually diagnosed clinically, plain abdominal radiographs and contrast enema may be utilized.
- Take time to find out about the tests and procedures that will help your doctor diagnose cancer.
- Infection is diagnosed more accurately by serum antibody tests or molecular polymerase chain reactions.
- The American Cancer Society estimated that approximately 198,000 men were newly diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2001.
- Four patients were diagnosed clinically as having an acute chest syndrome.
- However, three trials have shown the drug is highly effective in women newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Ros was diagnosed as autistic when very young, some thirty or so years ago.
- George was diagnosed with the potentially deadly condition days after his second birthday.
- Will a person who is wrongly diagnosed with a mental illness be covered by this?
- Raynaud phenomenon is diagnosed either by physical examination or by eliciting a specific clinical history.
- Pollyanna was just six weeks old when she was diagnosed as having the condition.
- After a series of tests she was diagnosed with Parkinson's and given various drugs to find the right mix for her.
- Gemma was first diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukaemia in January 2001.
- You've just turned 60, and have been newly diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Symptoms can be treated best if the disease is diagnosed early.
2(cause/fault) determinar(fault/cause) establecer
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.