In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sixth, the sound editing pumps up the volume for the bad music, but leaves crucial dialogue barely audible.
- In particular, it is a film full of talk, and most especially a film of dialogues: two characters isolated, whether in an apartment, or during a party, or at a racecourse.
- The dialogue in this film is as sharp as anything you will find on screen.
- We can understand French, but with films sometimes the dialogue is so fast that you miss something.
- What is delicious about this film is the witty clever dialogue that is distinctly Wilde.
- The film's dialogue is clear and distortion free.
- Winterbottom emphasises that although the dialogue in the film is improvised, every scenario was organised.
- Watch it for the sharp and witty dialogue written by series creator Caron.
- The episode is low on physical action, but high in snappy dialogue.
- He read all the books and I do mean all and could recite large passages of film dialogue by heart.
- On top of all this, there is some amazingly clunky dialogue that must be heard to be believed.
- There is little dialogue in the film, but the visuals speak for themselves.
- The great thing about the dialogue in comic books is that you don't have to hear it spoken aloud.
- The actors bounce around the stage, infusing the occasionally stilted dialogue with raw physicality.
- Though far from perfect, and full of impenetrable dialogues, the film nonetheless has a certain visceral urgency.
- However, the actors and direction are very impressive, and there's some snappy, witty dialogue.
- A series of ads for Borden dairy products featured dialogues between Elsie the cow and her blustering husband Elmer.
- There isn't much spoken out loud in the film, even though we retained nearly all the dialogue from the book.
- Does he seriously believe that films with fiery dialogues could motivate the public to react against all injustice happening in society?
- I was out buying popcorn while the opening credits of Dil Chahta Hai rolled, so I missed the name of the person who wrote the dialogues for this film.
2.1(communication)diálogo masculinothe president called for a resumption of dialogue — el presidente pidió la reanudación del diálogo
- Women in Australia are also promoting inter-religious dialogue.
- The government, while it had opened a dialogue with his captors, could never be seen to negotiate with terrorists.
- Jakarta now needs to take the lead and continue the dialogue begun in Geneva to ensure a lasting peace.
- The United States has been urging both China and Taiwan to resume cross-strait dialogue.
- The suggestions included promoting domestic political harmony and resuming constructive dialogue with China.
- I never had a dialogue with them throughout this process, though our manager did.
- He has promoted inter-religious dialogue by breaking new ground.
- The border problem cannot be sorted out in one visit but meaningful dialogues have been initiated.
- If that relationship is to be rescued now, the government needs to set its dialogue with business on much more honest foundations.
- We're not just wanting a dialogue with the government-we need the government to move towards us.
- I mean, we set in place two levels of security dialogue between the two sides.
- Instead, you should see the opening-up of a dialogue with your boss as the chance to keep on negotiating.
- In this situation, never has a dialogue among civilizations been more urgent.
- Without direct dialogue with students on this question, it is difficult to say.
- The overall effect of the changes described above has been to allow firms to re-enter a direct dialogue with each of their customers.
- In fact, the very existence of the disputes calls for closer policy dialogue between Japan and China.
- A clear and simplified mechanism will facilitate a closer dialogue between all parties involved in the running of the sport.
- Foreign secretary level talks between India and Pakistan to resume the composite dialogue were concluded today.
- What we want to do is continue the dialogue with fishermen.
- The teacher created an ongoing dialogue about universal issues such as friendship, empathy, kindness, and helpfulness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.