In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both methods employ the use of permanent moulds, usually similar to those used for die-casting but of different metal, and castings can be produced weighing from a few ounces up to hundredweights by this method.
- NASA High-Strength Alloy can be poured as a molten metal into conventional steel molds or die-casting molds to create specially shaped parts - a cost-saving advantage over machining of parts.
- Metal woods were lighter, cheaper to manufacture, and could be die-cast in clever ways to optimize the sweet spot.
- High carbon Ni-Cr-Mo cast iron is useful for resisting thermal shock in applications such as die-casting moulds and brake-drums.
- THE 100 strikers, members of the GMB union, at Lupton & Place die-casting factories in Burnley returned to work last week.
- Initially developed and marketed for gravity casting, the new zinc-aluminum alloys are gaining industrial acceptance for die-casting.
- The additional processes - stamping of major body panels, plastic injection molding and low pressure die-casting - will bring HMA's total initial investment to $440 million.
- Both types of alloys are suitable for both die-casting and sand casting.
- The plant is equipped with seven automated aluminum die-casting cells for the production of transmission and differential housings, mass-balancing housing and housing covers.
- Workers at a die-casting works in Burnley are upping their strike action over pay.
- When thin walls and close dimensional tolerances are required, and if the quantity does not warrant die-casting, shell mold casting, plaster mold casting, or investment casting are often employed.
- Gammons said pressure faced by the magnesium die-casting industry from the automotive industry to reduce costs will keep prices down at a level where Chinese imports will be uneconomic after the duties are levied.
- Our analysis showed an association between the onset of MS-like disease in work areas where these chemicals were used and where die-casting occurred (correlated exposures).
- Executives said the company will forge shafts and ring gears, die-cast the center support casting and provide machining, welding and assembly lines for the production and final assembly of both modules.
- Around 100 GMB union members are taking strike action at Lupton & Place's two die-casting factories in Burnley.
- CWM then considered magnesium die-casting and thixotropic metal molding.
- Also, the fact that a die-casting may be made of a magnesium-base composition and used in place of another material which is not suitable for the die-casting process may lead to substantial savings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.