In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are two unfortunate consequences when making sharp differentiations between cyberspace and lived reality.
- In the cambial zone, at least three patterns of cell differentiation can be distinguished.
- Having benefitted from my ‘married with children’ status for years, I honestly would not get too worked up if those differentiations were dropped and each taxpayer was taken as an individual, regardless of civil status.
- This is not just a question of making a space in which mankind could live, but of creating the differentiations which distinguish cosmos from chaos.
- But brands need to innovate in order to maintain differentiation and increase their audience.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.