In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Matemáticasdígito masculino formala five-digit number — un número de cinco cifras
- As of February 1, they should be written by a whole number and two digits after the decimal sign.
- The similar treatment of limbs and digits is also evident in the hands of The Lover.
- Integers have no digits to the right of the decimal point.
- But inside the four layers of socks and gloves, I could hardly distinguish where my digits began and my arms ended.
- A pensioner sparked a murder hunt after he severed his finger with a powersaw, sending the digit flying into the garden of a neighbour who believed it was evidence of a grisly crime.
- Then I'm asked for the first and fourth digits of my five digit passcode.
- A ten-month-old boy has had his legs, arm and five digits amputated after contracting meningitis in Sheffield.
- In the articulatory suppression condition, the subjects recalled significantly fewer digits than in the listening condition.
- It must be some model if it can produce forecasts to four significant digits.
- In a decimal number, the actual value represented by a digit in that number is determined by the numeral and the position of the numeral within the number.
- You know that bit when he flies inverted above the enemy MiG and gives him the middle digit?
- Sure, it's possible to show two significant digits based on the data you collected, but is it really reliable?
- The final two digits signify the year in which the wine was tested and the number immediately before this one is the number of the particular bottling in that year.
- Most of us would put the figure in a single digit in each metro.
- It was a clenched fist of triumph, rather than the rigid digit, which he raised at the end of a night where his embattled, nervous side scraped through as a result of his single magnificent contribution to the game.
- Notice that the floating-point versions have a single digit, a decimal point, then the rest of the significant digits.
- All local numbers in the affected areas will get two extra digits changing them from five digit numbers into seven digit numbers.
- It's actually, the critical fingers seem to be digit two and digit four and the ratio of the lengths of those digits around the central digit.
- But in Russia, the figure hovered in single digits - between two and six per cent.
- Factors as diverse as skeletal muscle pathology and sucking a digit (thumb or finger) can substantially influence the growth of the face and dentition.
- Unlike other primates, the human foot is not prehensile - that is, not able to grasp objects with the aid of an opposed first digit like the thumb.
- The petrol stations claimed their manual display signs had only space for three digits, two digits before the decimal point and one digit after.
- But it was also well ahead of many hospitals, some of whom had no cases or figures in single digits.
- To combat any potential misfortune, they stick out the second and fifth digits of one hand and touch their genitals with the outstretched fingertips.
- In maths they should be able to multiply two digits by two digits, read graphs as well as working with percentages and fractions.
- When the race time mnemonic could not apply, he used other techniques, such as interpretation of 3 digits as ages (with one decimal point).
- Extortion, drug peddling, protection rackets… you name it, these men have got their nasty, fat little digits well dug in - right up to the knuckles!
- Other researchers have contrasted number words, digits, dot patterns, or Roman numerals.
- The researchers found that in people under the age of 25, the thumb has taken over from the index finger as the digit most frequently used.
- The severed digit was wrapped in cling film by the little girl's concerned mum, and is currently in a freezer at Fulford Road police station.
- This invention was the decimal system of numerals - nine digits and a zero.
- So, although it's a practical way to test integers smaller than 10 billion, which have nine digits, it fails miserably for integers of 25 digits or more.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.