In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mesa (de comedor) femenino
- Different kinds of chairs, study tables, computer tables, dining tables, sofa sets, cots etc would have interested many.
- Bedroom furniture, dining tables, coffee tables, chairs, rugs and three piece suites cover the range of goods imported from Mexican craftspeople.
- However, this room is quite small, fitting only a dining table and perhaps a wall unit.
- The range of ornamental furniture extends to cots, dressing tables and dining tables.
- One can buy cots, dining tables, sofa sets and corner stands in this section.
- When assembled, a full range of furniture could be had, from beds, chairs, and desks to gaming tables, dining tables, and cabinets.
- But demand changed and as large pedestal dining tables have become desirable again, longer sets of chairs are required to accompany them.
- She cooked lasagna and garlic bread for dinner and decorated the dining table with a checked table cloth and candles.
- Mom had already left, and Dad was sitting at the dining table with his daily coffee and toast.
- The main area is filled with two person and four person tables, but there are private rooms all over the house, filled with everything from huge, fourteen-seat dining tables to an awesome room of hammocks around a chess table.
- They had gathered at the dining table in the Dining Hall, but food had not yet been served.
- You can do both because you can transform this poker table into a dining table simply by flipping the top!
- Not only will this exhibition be fruitful for those on the lookout for sleek sofa sets and dining tables, for the discernible office-goers there would be interiors with partitions and executive chairs.
- Abbey looked around the room full of rich men and women, to the gaudy wallpaper, to the exquisite chandelier and to the dining tables with candles lit in the middle.
- The dining table is just adequate enough to serve the family and is placed in such a way that it is just a few paces from the kitchen.
- There was a door in the back, revealing a separate room with several dining tables, customers being served by two waitresses.
- Thirteen people gathered around my dining table to share a meal and to meet the new man in the life of my youngest daughter.
- You may want spotlights, mood lighting from lamps or feature lighting for your dining table and sofa.
- And hence, what you get here is an entire range of household furniture; from sofa sets to dining tables and cots.
- Low tables with smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces can serve as both dining tables for snack time and as work surfaces for art projects or puzzle making.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.