In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A diode is the simplest possible semiconductor device, and is therefore an excellent beginning point if you want to understand how semiconductors work.
- An integrated circuit contains a planar first transistor and a diode.
- The R49 extends the wide choice of suppression products available from the company, which includes film and ceramic capacitors, transient voltage diodes, inductors and a wide range of mains plug and PCB / chassis mounted filters.
- With up to four stacked diodes in a device, the lasers can output up to 80 W of infrared power at a pulse length of 100 ns.
- Molecular electronics - designing carbon-based molecules to act as wires, diodes, transistors and other microelectronic devices - is one of the most dynamic frontiers in nanotechnology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.