- Fossils of a previously unknown species, which is believed to have belonged to the herbivorous sauropod diplodocus family, were found along the banks of a tributary of the Amazon river in the northern state of Maranhao.
- ‘Very large dinosaurs like the diplodocus found in the Algoa Basin took about three decades to reach adulthood,’ says Professor Chinsamy-Turan.
- The neighbouring Museum of Natural History has the third-largest dinosaur collection in the world, including skeletons of tyrannosaurus rex, diplodocus and stegosaurus.
- She seems to belong to another world, like a diplodocus, and I feel oddly privileged to glimpse her before she becomes extinct.
- On the ‘dinosaur coast’, near Scarborough, the footprints of a diplodocus show that the sandstone there was laid down 150 million years ago.
- ‘Bronty’ the Brontosaurus was similar to his cousin the diplodocus, only bigger and fatter.
- Dr Manning believes the skeleton will inspire youngsters just as he was inspired by the skeleton of the diplodocus at the Natural History Museum, London, when he was seven years old.
- A simpler way would be to trace the tattoo on his arm: an outline of a diplodocus, the world's longest dinosaur.
- Producing effects that manifested Iannucci's remarkable flights of comedy fantasy must, at times, have proved just as taxing for them as animating a diplodocus.
- They found embedded in solid rock what they believe to be the pelvis of a primitive sauropod, a four-legged, plant-eating dinosaur similar to better-known creatures such as brachiosaurus and diplodocus.
- An aging diplodocus (voice of Joan Plowright) and triceratops spout sage wisdom.
- Diplodocuses were the biggest dinosaurs but not the heaviest.