In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- China should take note here and apply diplomacy to foster good neighbor relations.
- Skill in diplomacy could not replace skill in war, but the former was essential to final success.
- Mr Chairman, Zambia has invested a lot in diplomacy and international relations.
- Summit diplomacy has become a very important component of international diplomacy.
- It is a symbolic reassertion of the efficacy of diplomacy and dialogue over the use of force in international disputes.
- We also hope the United States will apply flexible diplomacy, apart from its basic principles.
- The dialogue of diplomacy then carries the threat of war rather than the promise of peace.
- When English-Indian relations did not turn upon sheer power they rested on diplomacy.
- The end of the cold war represented a dramatic change in the international context within which diplomacy is conducted.
- There's a familiar rule that diplomacy works best when backed by the threat of force.
- What we are trying to do now is to use diplomacy and use political actions to resolve this.
- It also shows that simple dialogue or Western-backed diplomacy cannot provide solutions to the conflict.
- They are also expected to follow accepted practices of diplomacy and to support international organizations.
- Downer thinks Australia must become firmer in its private diplomacy over Taiwan.
- Of course, not everyone has been enamoured of this latest incursion into international diplomacy.
- Bad mouthing the Germans in mid-bid probably wasn't the smartest piece of international diplomacy.
- International diplomacy - and its failings - played just as big a part in the Balkan conflict.
- Italy has oscillated between active involvement in EU diplomacy and a passive presence in the system.
- Laval was a tough negotiator and manipulator, an activist in diplomacy in which he pushed at the frontiers of constraint.
- However, military activity had left all sides weak and secret diplomacy took over from military conflict.
- It would certainly require an incredible level of diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Can you talk about the delicacy and diplomacy needed to secure your footage?
- Now is the time for a return to traditional, professional Japanese diplomacy.
- Trying to make staff regulations for a team like that was a task requiring diplomacy and sensitivity.
- By concentrating on tact and diplomacy you can more effectively take advantage of your intellectual potential.
- Tactful diplomacy is, ultimately, the only sensible way to resolve this dispute.
- People in this category do well in employment requiring diplomacy and tact.
- This is what we like: a little bit of verbal sparring between two people not exactly renowned for their diplomacy or tact.
- We believe that women can excel in the field as it is not all about muscle but tact and diplomacy.
- Their admirable diplomacy on this sensitive question has an explanation not immediately obvious.
- All these conflicts were eventually resolved by diplomacy, dialogue and concession.
- An ability to influence with subtlety and diplomacy should not go unmentioned.
- Tact and diplomacy are also important, and again, it is to the Moon, Venus and Libra that we look for support in that area.
- The optimum solution will be one that involves diplomacy, dignity and justice for all concerned.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.