In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diplomático masculinodiplomática femeninoa career diplomat — un diplomático de carrera
- Sometimes, diplomats might be representing a country that is almost on the verge of war with the host country.
- For their part, coalition officials and Western diplomats talk of leaving in around two years.
- Industry officials and diplomats in Guinea on Monday would discuss the find here only on condition of anonymity.
- Its victims have included diplomats and military officials from Turkey and America.
- A series of rights, privileges, and immunities became attached both to diplomats and diplomatic activities.
- From the start, diplomats and officials at the UN recognised that this was a bodged compromise.
- Every four or five months, Dergoul said, he was visited by British diplomats and officials from MI5.
- Croatia was represented only by diplomats from its mission in Sofia, due to visa restrictions.
- The news will come as a blow in London where senior officials and diplomats believed a new resolution was possible by last week.
- However, diplomats and former senior officials were sceptical of the claims.
- European diplomats and Croatian officials also claim Britain is doing Washington's bidding.
- He's the first diplomat to represent an Arab country in the new Iraq and had just arrived on the job in June.
- It is now housed in the prime minister's palace and is set to be used by politicians, diplomats and aid officials from all over the world.
- The assessment by US intelligence officials and diplomats at the time of the massacre was optimistic.
- The ruling stipulated that only diplomats and servicemen posted abroad will be allowed to vote, by mail.
- Now it seems that pressure from foreign diplomats and top officials could turn the tide.
- It is not clear what the Belgian government advised its diplomats to do.
- Government leaders, senior officials and diplomats attended the ceremony.
- The officials and diplomats spoke anonymously because of the delicacy of the negotiations on what tack to take on Iran.
- Some diplomats, military men, and other government officials also lost their jobs.
2(tactful person)persona diplomática femenino
- You need to be an organiser, negotiator, diplomat and entertainer, ready to deal with anything and everything.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.