In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1administración directa femenino
- On March 24 the Heath government ended more than 50 years of unionist rule in Northern Ireland by introducing direct rule and suspending the province's Assembly.
- This system of direct rule by proxy enraged the Unionist right and eventually unleashed a downward spiral of loyalist reaction and republican assertiveness.
- Throughout the 1980s there were continued riots and protests to demand greater autonomy, as Jammu and Kashmir was subject to direct rule from the Union government in New Delhi.
- Judge Brian Kelly, who had previously worked for the Unionist government before direct rule, praised Nelson and described him as a man who had shown ‘the greatest courage’.
- Karabakh was placed under direct rule by Moscow, but tensions only escalated.
- The agreement confirmed direct rule from Paris until 1998, while guaranteeing amnesty to a number of Kanak militants.
- In Northern Ireland the Stormont Parliament was unilaterally suspended by the British government in 1972 and direct rule from London imposed.
- In May 1987 the Akali Dal state government fell, and direct rule was again imposed.
- In the aftermath of the war, however, with national liberation movements sweeping Asia, Washington calculated that direct rule was no longer viable.
- The National Congress is opposed to the BJP plans to hold the upcoming state elections under direct rule from New Delhi rather than under the state administration.
- The revolt did not win independence for Iraq, but it forced the British government to drop the hated ‘India Office’ policy of direct rule.
- By January 1990 the Indian government imposed direct rule upon the areas of Kashmir under its control.
- In social science, an Empire is usually distinguished from a State by the fact that it is a metropolitan core exercising direct rule or indirect hegemony over a range of subject territories or peoples.
- Suspension and the restoration of direct rule from London was finally triggered by a raid on Sinn Fein's office in the Stormont home of the Assembly.
- In response the Conservative government of Edward Heath imposed direct rule from London in March 1972.
- The Arab revolt showed that direct rule was no longer a financially feasible proposition.
- He was expected to declare the suspension of the government in Belfast, restoring direct rule over the province only two months after giving it up.
- Weeks later, the British government imposed direct rule over the province.
- Under direct rule from Westminster, all of this money is allocated and spent from London.
- Insurgency and direct rule were hardly ideal, but stasis was preferable to innovation, and unionist creativity ossified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.