In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of company)directivo masculinodirectiva femeninoboard of directors — consejo de administración masculino
- the financial/personnel director — el director de finanzas/de personal
- The aim was to make it easier to oust bad directors and make boards more responsive.
- & Ryanair appointed two new non-executive directors to the board.
- Funeral directors generally want to do what is right for the children.
- But it is one thing to be a director in name and another thing to actually sit on the board as a director.
- Around the time of opening, a whole new slate of directors took over the board.
- Susan Franks, director of nursing and planning, said she was worried about staffing levels.
- A director on the board of Namport said that they can not allowed things to go on like this.
- He is the former assistant finance director for Dade County, Florida.
- In the meantime it also appears that there is friction between board directors and shareholders.
- "This was a proposal the director of nursing presented to us, " he explained.
- President Bush was regularly told by the director of central intelligence that there was an urgent threat.
- The bank suggested that Cunningham beef up the board with some high-profile directors.
- High school coaches and athletic directors are responsible for implementing this rule and levying punishments as infractions occur.
- Board directors ought to formally sit as representatives of their organizations as a whole.
- They were disturbed about an article implicating the director of the institute in a corruption affair.
- She also served as a director on the board of the Namibia Red Cross and Campus Crusade for Christ.
- He is a director of the main board in Europe only, and had nothing to do with the negotiations.
- By day he is a high powered art director working for a major media company.
- Many of them, including a series of finance directors, had already departed.
- Insisting on nominating a director to the board of the borrower may also be risky.
- Two years after he died, she became the artistic director of the company.
- The art director works up a visual and asks the copywriter to come up with a suitable headline.
- There were some complaints but the association's director agreed with my no cell phone edict.
- The measures usually are approved by the boards of directors, most of whom are members of the same CEO club.
- The independent directors of the Eircom board are also supporting Valentia.
- He became the club's director of rugby and masterminded four league titles and two European Cup wins.
- The company currently has four executive directors and one independent director on its board.
- Finance directors will be reluctant to take a big hit on their profits, so where possible will look around for other cost savings.
- Prior to that Hayek was the director of an institute on business cycle research.
- Gleeson was also appointed senior independent non-executive director for the purposes of the Combined Code on Corporate Governance.
- The association would like Irish companies to have a majority of independent directors on their boards.
- Most VCs will want to be able to nominate a director to the board of the company in which they invest.
- One of Bryne's fellow directors managed to track down his direct phone number.
- He carried on the family legacy by becoming managing director of the company in 1976.
- Business ties between directors and companies whose boards they sit on are being terminated.
- Cliff was a successful marketing director working long hours in the City.
- From the 253 hospitals selected, 234 directors of nursing responded.
- The change is meant to spur directors to take back board powers ceded over the years to managers.
- I've been a funeral director for 30 years.
- Anglo Irish currently has six non-executive directors and five executive directors on its board.
1.2(of department, project)director masculinodirectora femenino
2.1Cine Teatrodirector masculinodirectora femenino
- He filled the roles of writer, producer, director and actor during his years in theatre.
- He says he is confident that his director's cut will be better appreciated.
- Commercials are good for actors to meet directors and for them to see how you work.
- Like many Shakespearean film directors, Branagh shoots long sequences in one continuous take.
- Balkan film directors, actors and students in the field will join the discussion section of Dionisia.
- Barda has worked as a presenter in some television shows and as an actor and film director.
- These directors and actors have either entered Hollywood or become darlings of film festivals.
- Actors, directors and producers gathered in the city the other day to check this menace.
- Just sat through the 311 minute director's cut of 1900 with a friend.
- Jews played a major part in theater and in the film industry as producers, directors and actors.
- I didn't like ' Aliens' until I saw the director's cut.
- The film director Jean Cocteau was a very strange man, in a decidedly French way.
- Film directors often gave comedy actors like Vivek a relatively free hand in developing the humour track.
- Peter Hall was the director and Laurence Olivier and Charles Laughton were still on the payroll.
- Some deleted (actually extended) scenes are included with the director's commentary.
- The sole significant extra on the disc is a director's commentary from Jewison.
- I would like to say a heartfelt thanks to the many actors / directors who are producing our local plays today.
- I often receive requests from film directors and producers asking if they could use a track from one of my albums.
- There's a gag reel, which is really funny, director's commentary.
- There isn't a strong enough commitment to letting people take risks with producers, directors and actors.
2.2US Músicadirector masculinodirectora femenino
- The Singers, under their director Tim Morris, will perform works by Monteverdi.
- Those were days when the artistes, directors and composers used to spend days together to perfect the songs.
- Francesca Zambello, one of the world's foremost female directors of opera and musical theatre, will direct.
- But there are many music composers, directors and singers who do not support the remix culture.
- French directors of the time thought little of setting several composers to work on a score.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.